MEASURING FOR INSIDE-MOUNTED VERTICAL BLINDS
They can be installed either inside-mounted or outside-mounted. Inside mounted vertical blinds won’t work on doors. Use an outside-mount installation.
- Measure the width inside the window frame at the top, middle and bottom to allow for variances in construction.
- Use the smallest measurement as the window width so the blinds clear the sides of the window frame.
- Measure the height inside the window frame from the top of the opening to the sill at the left, middle and right to allow for variances in construction.
- Use the smallest measurement as the window width so the blinds fit within the opening.
Put these measurements to the width and height field and also write them to “special instructions” field to select your inside-mounted vertical blinds.
MEASURING FOR OUTSIDE-MOUNTED VERTICAL BLINDS
- Measure the exact width of the window or door you want the shade to cover. Then add about 1 – 4-inches to each side, to prevent light from shining through.
Mark the location where the window blind headrail will be installed.
- We recommend installation at least 3-inches above the window or door opening.
- Measure the height from the headrail location to the sill. Then add 1-4 inches to the height, depending on how long you want your blinds be.
Put these measurements to the width and height field to select your outside-mounted vertical blinds.